Domaine de L’Ostal
Domaine de L’Ostal, the spirit of the Languedoc
In the foothills of the Montagne Noire, half-way between the mediaeval town of Carcassonne and the old Roman port in Narbonne, the Domaine de L’Ostal stretches across 150 hectares of land including 60 ha of vines and 25 ha of olive groves.
The Domaine de L’Ostal is situated in one of the finest terroirs of the Languedoc region and produces wines that infer the rich, powerful and noble terroirs of the local region:
- Domaine de L’Ostal - Grand Vin (AOC Minervois La Livinière) Red
- Domaine de L’Ostal - Estibals (AOC Minervois) Red
- Domaine de L'Ostal - Albe (AOC Minervois) White
- L’Ostal Rosé (IGP Pays d’Oc) Rose
- L’Ostal Blanc (IGP Pays d’Oc) White
Welcome to Domaine de L'Ostal!
Domaine de L’Ostal owes its name to the term ostal meaning both ''house'' and ''family group'' in the ancient Occitan language. Its name is loaded with meaning and history for its owners.
The domaine was purchased in 2002 by Jean-Michel Cazes, the owner of Château Lynch-Bages in Pauillac.